Watching what you eat can help clear and improve your skin, but sometimes you just need the extra care.
Buying skin care products can be tricky and expensive. You don’t want to break the bank, but you want something with reliable ingredients that you can actually pronounce. You should always watch what products you use on your skin, especially your face, which is a more sensitive and delicate area.
So instead of buying products that’ll leave you wondering if it’s doing more harm than good, you can easily make some natural skin products at home. Usually people have these ingredients just lying in their cupboards; and if not, you can find them at your local store.
So let me inform you of these wonderful everyday products and their benefits! I’ll also be sharing some super easy skin care products you can make with them.
Most of these natural products are becoming more popular in use for skin care, but some of these ingredients may surprise you:
- Coconut oil– this one is a given, it’s rich in good healthy fats and is great for skin with its light weight hydration.
- Olive Oil– Yes, this too is another great oil for skin. It’s hydrating, light weight, and is good for evening out the skin tone. However, you need to make sure that it is pure virgin olive oil. Many cheaper olive oils can have dyes added to them to give them color.
- Shea butter– Is also great for hydration. It’s loaded with healthy fats and vitamin E. You can use it in place of lotion.
- Green tea– It’s not just for drinking, you can use it as a natural skin toner. It reduces redness and helps clear skin.
- Coffee Grounds– Coffee draws out toxins and can help reduce cellulite. You can use the grounds in DIY scrubs and exfoliants.
- Lemon– This helps to brighten dull skin. Fresh lemon juice is best for when used on skin.
- Honey- This is wonderful for and softening your skin. It deeply moisturizes your skin and it’ll leave you with a nice glow.
- Lavender– Whether it’s lavender oil or dried lavender, both help to calm irritated skin. It also reduces stress.
Hydrating Skin Care:
- 1 Tbsp Honey+ 2Tsp Lemon – mix them together and apply to your face. Leave it on your skin for 10 minutes before rinsing of with warm water. You’ll instantly notice brighter skin after this.
- 1 Tbsp Honey + 1 Tbsp of Coconut oil – Melt the coconut oil and mix together with the honey. Apply to face for 15 minutes. Gently massage it into your face as you rinse with warm water. You can add any essential oil to this. My favorite is lavender.
- Green tea– There are many ways to use this for your skin. You can steep a cup of tea and pour it into a spritz bottle to spray onto your face. You can also save your tea bags and put them in the fridge and use them on your eyes. This help to reduce bags and dark circles. Freezing the tea in an ice cube tray is great too. You can use the cubes to rub over your face, which improves circulation and can help lift skin.
Note: You can use these as many times as needed through the week.
Now sometimes you’re skin is more than just dry. You need a little scrubbing to getting rid of any dirt caught in your pores. So let’s move on to some DIY scrubs.
- 1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil + 2 Tbsp of Sugar + 1 drop of Lavender – Melt the coconut oil and combine the other ingredients. Gently rub mixture over your skin to be rid of any dead skin cells. Rinse with warm water and massage any leftover oil into your skin.
- 2 Tbsp Coffee Grounds + 2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil – you can use the coconut oil and olive oil interchangeably with this. Combine the grounds and oil together and rub onto your skin (this can be used anywhere on your body: face, arms, legs, etc.) Rinse off after a while and massage remaining oil into skin.
- 1 tsp Shea Butter + 1 tsp Sugar – this mixture is for lip exfoliating. Combine the two together and gently massage onto your lips for 1 minute. Rinse off with warm water and a wash cloth.
Note: only exfoliate 2-3 times a week. Over exfoliating can damage skin.
And there you have it. Simple, easy, natural, and affordable beauty care for your skin. I’ve been using these recipes on my skin for a while now. I can honestly say that they have made a difference and I love using them. My skin never looked so good before I went natural. It’s what’s best for you and your skin will thank you.💛
Let me know if you try any of them!
~xoxo Juliana Marie